This week Nik and I get self-conscious about our verbal tics and take advantage of my weird work schedule to get some chores done. Along the way we have our second pediatrician interview, talk about eating—for three?—while pregnant and get completely baffled by a blue stain on our toilet seat.
Then in the second segment we chat about entertainment again, discussing the latest to get the boot on The Next Food Network Star and following up on The Real Housewives’ reunion shows. We wrap it up with some talk about Dollhouse, Alias, features we wish were available on TiVo and why we can’t (or won’t if you talk to Nik about it) get rid of cable. This week’s music by Neko Case.
Also, we have an official podcast email address now, send your topic suggestions, feedback or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll incorporate your mail into a future segment on the show. Finally, if all goes well this will be the first week you can get and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes. How official!
Total Running Time: 52:19.
- [00:00] Intro: Neko Case – “Hold On, Hold On”
- [00:31] Welcome: Verbal tics and weird schedules
- [02:31] Pediatrician Interview #2
- [13:26] Pregnancy Eating
- [24:09] The Blue Toilet Seat Mystery
- [32:01] Interlude: Neko Case – “John Saw That Number”
- [32:16] That’s Entertainment: The Next Food Network Star, The Real Housewives of New Jersey Reunion, Dollhouse
- [51:50] Outro: Neko Case – “Thrice All American”